The aggressive microtransactions of Star Wars Battlefront II left a foul impression on some gamers, which can be why EA’s subsequent foray into the Star Wars universe left them behind. Nonetheless, that is not to say that Star Wars: Squadrons has stopped evolving since its launch; the crew at Motive Studios has continued to replace the sport with new options and choices – all obtainable to gamers totally free.
The most recent content material drop – first discussed last month – provides two basic starfighters to the sport: one for the Insurgent Alliance, and one for the Empire. The great guys get the B-Wing, which appeared in Return of the Jedi. The unhealthy guys get the TIE Defender, a strong Imperial ship that was launched within the unique TIE Fighter PC recreation. You possibly can see these two new starfighters (alongside different options) within the video above.
The replace is out there now on all platforms: PS4, Xbox One, and PC. After all, you can too play the sport (by way of backward compatibility) on the new-gen consoles.
Whereas the brand new ships are the principle attraction, that is not the place the tweaks cease with this replace. You possibly can learn the full release notes for the entire account, however right here is an excerpt from the “Normal” class of fixes:
- Added Customized Video games and a server browser, obtainable within the Multiplayer & Coaching menu
- Adjusted Talent Ranking necessities for every tier by way of server-side change final week (see beneath for full particulars)
- Up to date Talent Ranking acquire/loss ratios to higher replicate every participant’s efficiency in a match by way of server-side change final week
- Ongoing server-side matchmaking enhancements
- Mounted a problem the place the sport might crash if the participant did not skip via the outro screens of a match
- Mounted a problem the place the sport might crash when loading into Fostar Haven
- Mounted a problem the place having Lighting high quality set to Low might create intense flashes of sunshine on Fostar Haven
- Mounted a problem the place AI in multiplayer might every so often deal no hull injury to gamers with their main weapons
- Mounted or improved situations of poor collision detection on Fostar Haven, Galitan, Esseles, Nadiri Dockyards, Zavian Abyss, and Sissubo
- Mounted challenge the place the inside of the TIE interceptor might disappear after respawning
- Mounted challenge the place Star Destroyer engine VFX might flicker
- Mounted a problem the place PlayStation 5 visuals appeared blurry.
Try EA’s put up for me, and even higher – hop into Squadrons your self and see how the sport has modified. In the event you do, which new ship are you going to check out first?